THE SYMPATHY of the congregation is extended to the family of Mary Elizabeth “Betty” Richardson who died Thursday, October 13. A memorial service will be held at the church on November 27 at 2:00 PM. All are welcome to come to celebrate Betty's life by singing the hymns that she loved to play.
THE SYMPATHY of the congregation is also extended to the family of Sarah Snively on the sudden death of her son-in-law, Mike Schroyer (also Kate Colville’s cousin’s husband).
PRAYER AND BIBLE STUDY GROUP will meet on Wednesday, October 19 at 10:00 AM in the Conference Room. The Scripture passage for this week are selections from the Psalm 51:1-12 and Luke 18: 9-14. All are welcome.
NEXT NEW MEMBER CLASS - SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
You are invited to meet with our Pastor, Rev. Dr. Donna Giver-Johnston at 9:00 AM in thePastor’s office on Sunday, November 6. The informal discussion will last one hour. If you wish to join, you will meet with Session members and have your membership confirmed on Sunday, November 13 at 9:00 AM, also in the Pastor’s Office. You will then be presented to the congregation and recognized at the 10:30 AM worship that day.
Please call Pastor Donna at 412-761-1233 if you are interested or have any questions.
EXERCISE CLASS HAVE BEGUN AT CPCBA - Every Monday & Wednesday, 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Our 1:00 PM, Monday and Wednesday exercise class with instructor, Pat Pacey, have begun! All are invited to join. The cost will be $30/month.
Space is still available! If you would like to register or have questions please contact Tracey in the church office at 412-761-1233.
Join us for Southwest PA History Authors Night - Wednesday, November 9 at 7:00 PM
Our own Len Barcousky and Brady Crytzer (Rick and Jane Miller’s son-in-law) will discuss their new books: The Hidden History of Pittsburgh and War in the Peaceable Kingdom: The Kittanning Raid of 1756. Come enjoy coffee and dessert and meet our local authors!
World Vision Day - Saturday, November 5 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Come One……...Come All! Help sort and pack clothing at the World Vision Distribution Center located in Sewickley for shipment here at home and overseas. If you wish to carpool, we will meet at the church at 8:30 AM, and return by 12:15 PM. It’s work but FUN! Get to know the youth and your fellow church members. See you there! Sign up sheet is located in the Narthex.
Youth -- Sign me up! Please see the sign up sheets in the Narthex or RSVP to Melanie@cpcba.org
- Community Theatre dinner waiters Friday Oct 14th or 21st 5:00 - 7:30 PM (This is also a fundraiser for Youth trips)
JETHRO TREE LEAFING
The Jethro Tree will be in the Sanctuary for anyone to put their leaf on the tree. Labels and descriptions of the limbs and branches are available, along with examples of specific ways to use your gifts to further the ministry of our church.
- Personnel branch: Do you like people? Here is an opportunity to sit in the narthex of the church for 1-2 hours per week and answer phones and greet people. We have much more activity and we would like for people to be greeted warmly and helped to find what they need.
- Deacons branch: Do you like flowers? Here is an opportunity to bring flowers to church to be shared with people who are sick or in need of a bright reminder that their church family is thinking and praying for them. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to be a part of answering God’s call for us to help.“Bring Christ to our community and bring our community to Christ.”
Community Theatre Players (CTP) announce their fall production:
- And Then I Wrote by Mel Buttorff and Jack Sharkey
- October 20, 21, 22, 2016 The performances begin at 7:30 PM.
- Special Group Pricing available on Thursday performance only--for groups of 6 or more, tickets are $5.
- There will be dinner served at 5:30 PM before all Friday performances.
- TICKET COST: $10
- DINNER PRICE: an additional $15
- For Reservations contact us at 412.734.2050 or email: email@example.com
CALLING ALL ADULT & YOUTH SCRIPTURE READERS
If you are interested in reading Scripture Sunday mornings during worship please contact: Lyn Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HALLOWEEN CANDY !?
Do you miss handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters? We are looking for a couple volunteers to represent the Church to the Community on Halloween, Monday,
October 31 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. Please let Melanie, Donna or Tracey know if you are interested!
Collecting New & Gently-Worn WINTER Coats
Through mid October, North Hills Community Outreach is accepting donations of new and gently-worn, CLEAN WINTER coats (because NHCO does not have the funds or the facilities to wash coats, only clean coats can be accepted) to be distributed to low-income families in need. All sizes are needed, but highest demand is for children and adult sizes XL and larger. Hats, scarve and gloves are also welcome. The Outreach Committee is coordinating our church’s participation in this program. Coats may be brought to the church and placed on the rack located inside the Rostrevor entrance until Sunday, October 16.
lowers may be donated to the Glory of God, and/or in memory or in honor of a special person or people in your life. These arrangements are $40 a vase. Call the office at 412-766-1233 or email Tracey at email@example.com today to reserve a date.